A fall throwback as we welcome in spring.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 egg whites
- 2/3 cup raw sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup cream cheese (full fat)
- 1/3 greek yoghurt (full fat)
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350degF and lightly grease a 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, spices, salt, baking powder and soda. In a separate, large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites, sugar, milk and pumpkin puree. With a spatula, gently fold the flour mixture into the pumpkin mix in batches, until just combined and smooth.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. To the remaining 1/3, add the chopped pecans, mixing thoroughly, before adding to the loaf pan as well. Bake for ~1hr, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For the maple spread, beat together all the ingredients until well combined and creamy. Refrigerate until needed.
- Once cooked, remove the loaf from the oven and allow to sit for 5 mins before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve with the maple spread.
(Credit: The First Year, thefirstyearblog.com, for the original recipe)